This lesson and exercise is intended to help you practice making questions.
Are you trying to improve your English?
Do you remember how to create questions?
What, Which, When, Where, Who, Whose, Why, How
How often, How many, How much, What kind of.., What type of…
Questions with Be
(Be) + Subject + (adjective / noun / etc)
- Are you Italian? Yes, I am / No, I’m not.
- Is Anna French? Yes, she is / No, she isn’t.
- Am I late? Yes, you are / No, you’re not
- Is this pen yours? Yes, it is / No, it isn’t.
- Is Matteo in the office? Yes, he is / No, he isn’t
- Are Paul and Susan at the airport? Yes, they are / No, they aren’t
- Are you married? Yes, we are / No, we aren’t
Question word + Be + Subject + (adjective / noun / etc)
- What is your name? My name is…
- What is the time? It is…4.30pm
- What colour are your shoes? They are black…
- Where is your apartment? My apartment is in Via Milano
- Where are your my keys? They are on the sofa…
- How much is a taxi to the airport? It’s about €50.
- Why is he late? I don’t know….
Questions with other verbs
Do / Does + verb
Auxiliary + Subject + Verb Infinitive
- Do you like chicken? Yes, I do / No, I don’t
- Does she study English? Yes she does / No, she doesn’t
- Do you drive a car? Yes, I do / No, I don’t
- Do you know Paul? Yes, I do / No, I don’t
- Do you and your wife live in Saronno? Yes, we do / No, we don’t
- Does it rain a lot in London? Yes, it does / No, it doesn’t
- Do your parents speak English? Yes, they do / No, they don’t
Question word + Auxiliary + Subject + Verb Infinitive
- Where do you live? I live in Saronno
- Where does Silvia work? Silvia works in Origgio
- When does the lesson end? The lesson ends at 7.45.
- What does Paul do after work? He goes home and watches TV
- What kind of music does Paul like? He likes jazz and blues.
- What type of car do you drive? I drive a Ford Focus.
- How often does Silvia go to the cinema? She goes to the cinema once a month.
- How much does this cost? It costs €20
- How many children do you have? I have three children.
Now click the button below to start the exercise.